Front end Rebuild | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end Rebuild

Well the Key word in that post is "usually". It really depends on the manager. Where I work most of our business is from the local shops and dealers. They spend a lot of money, so we like to keep them happy. You just have to ask the manager and see what kind of deal he is willing to give you. If you point out that you do off roading and will likely be a regular customer they are more likely to work with you.
Thanks, yes, I am not a dealer and I do not do alot of off roading, but do all of my maintenance on my non warranty vehicles, maybe I should stick with RA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You’ll be happy. I run Timken hubs and they last a long time. I use Moog primarily for suspension...some of their items have been hit or miss with QA lately (check your BJ boots for tears before installing) but overall they perform well and last. I use Wagner Thermoquiet brake pads and love them.

RA will send you a 5% off code in a couple weeks...they do that after a somewhat large order. Saves you even more on the next job, as long as its in the next few months.
Parts have been slowly trickling in via Fedex, everything looks good, no rips, tears, or signs of premature wear. The lower moog ball joints feel stiff, but do appear to be pregreased (some**). I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Buy them online
Went ahead and ordered from Rock Auto and was able to save 200$, and get moog ball joints, upper control arms, lower control arm bushings, the monroe rear diff shock, wagner brake rotors and pads, AND timkin wheel bearings and appropriate seals.

Time to use my new milwaukee breaker bar I guess ;)

If you point out that you do off roading and will likely be a regular customer they are more likely to work with you.
THIS. Go with a regular auto parts store and they usually treat you right.

Those ball joints should be mega stiff out of the box.

Back