Front end swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end swap

must of been a good sized hole your tall so Unless you were squatting....
Part of me was -the neighbor is doing a hog bake--tomorrow pig on a bone!! yum

I think the mounty bumper has a more "offroad" look to it-almost like little skid plates--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finger Licken Good!

Ya Ive Had something like that before at the beach, A tongan family I knew would dig a hole in the sand and bury a whole pig with coals and use some fence like at construction site and slow cook it over night, YUM!
Ohh ya I went to a Culinary school and I cook for a Living

I must be the only one that hates the '98-01 Mounty front grill/head light set up.

Dan, I bought my Mountaineer for the colors and everything besides the grille. I started by buying a 99 Limited grille and headlights. Then I discovered that the Mounty came with a painted grille in 2000, that makes a lot of difference. I've got one of those 2000 model grilles now to paint, and a 2002+ emblem.

What ever makes it work for you, just do it!

Dan, I bought my Mountaineer for the colors and everything besides the grille. I started by buying a 99 Limited grille and headlights. Then I discovered that the Mounty came with a painted grille in 2000, that makes a lot of difference. I've got one of those 2000 model grilles now to paint, and a 2002+ emblem.

What ever makes it work for you, just do it!

Mine is a 1997 so I have the Explorer style grille which suites me fine :D I'm just saying I don't like the 98-01 Mounty front ends.

idk if anyone asked this yet...are you 2wd or 4wd?

I think something like this youd like...

2099384_3_full.jpg

Is it the keg I've been sipping on tonight or is the camber way negative on that truck?

Front end alignment is definitely jacked up. The right side is worse than the left.

It's for NASCAR, Bristol probably.

So... just a question... How much work would it be to convert to a '02+ front end? I REALLY like them, but I don't want to go out and buy a new truck. Don't flame me please..:D I just would like to know

You cannot use any of the 2002+ four door parts, but you can use the later Sport and Sport Trac model parts. The 4dr. bodies got bigger in 2002.

You cannot use any of the 2002+ four door parts, but you can use the later Sport and Sport Trac model parts. The 4dr. bodies got bigger in 2002.

cool:thumbsup: thanks

Back