Front higher than rear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front higher than rear

Big Bear Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Big Bear area of Southern Ca. near "Rim of the World drive", & Sugarloaf Mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT /01 Dodge 1500 4X4
I just did the TT and shackle lift, but only got about 1 inche maybe a tad more. What would be better leaving all four wheel wells at 34.5 inches, or should I crank the fron up a little more. It looks like the front sits a little lower now, but I've measure all four wheel wells and came up with 34.5 every time.

Anyway I was just thinking that lifting the front another inche or maybe even a half inche would help when we're out wheeling.

Thanks for your assistance in advance
Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unless you're rubbing, there isn't a need for the front to be higher. most (including me) don't like the look of the front higher anyways.

Thanks for responding so quickly
No it's not rubbing, I just have at least another inch + on the torsion bars, and thought it might be useful if I went ahead with giving it the extra turns. But if it doesn't help at all, it probably would look sorta funny nose up like that so...

Thanks again
Bob

it would actually diminish your offroading ability. the higher you jack the torsion bars up, the less flex they have.

Thanks Alec, that was at the root of my question. Maybe someday I'll get a real lift, but for the type of off road stuff I'm doing right now what I have has done a pretty good job. With the exception of my scrapping the rear differential and breaking the seal, not really that bad, but bad enough to start a very slow leak, and that was my fault for getting high centered and over excited cranking the wheel and rocking back and forth and pushing too hard on the gas.

Back