• Register Today It's free!

Front I beams options help?

YoungMoney_Twitch

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Explorer xlt
I had a guy at ford parts here in OC trying to sell me some extended radius arm & I beams I just didn’t take it do to money being tight about a year ago now I want them. I read here fabtech makes I beams. I might go & talk to him or a local shop.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s not clear what help you want...

It’s not clear what help you want...
I want to lift my EX I’m already running 1.5 lift but I’m getting some 31’s & want some extended I beams & radius arm. My EX is a 2 wheel drive I seen a couple here I just been searching for parts I will need

I found the tuff country coil kit would I need I beams for a ~5 lift?

Post a link to the kit, I have no idea what’s in it.

What is the purpose of the extended I beams correct me if I’m wrong rn but it’s it for 4+ lifts

F72837A8-9EA9-413A-B031-4D147EFA2EA9.png

Hey @RangerX would I be able to use tuff country’s 4’ inch lift by cutting the rivets out on the passenger beam bracket and installing the new I beam 4 bolt bracket? I’m talking about this kit

DCB5CBA6-7F1B-472C-8638-6F659CD25DBF.png

extended radius arms will improve the ride vastly

Extended traction beams will increase your track width putting the tires outside the fenders
This would make for more wheel travel

No you do not want the rough country drop bracket lift, not with a 2wd, it will ruin your ride

You would be better off with just some extended radius arms and possibly some cut and turned traction beams
as Bkennedy pointed out you have some research to do

Back