• Register Today It's free!

Front License Plate Assembly

KRB_Borden

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 AWD Adrenalin
I'm interested in removing my front license plate holder attached to my bumper, I think my truck would look better without anything there, but the truck is a 2008, would there be any difference in paint color if I removed it, or would there be any scratches showing from stuck dirt behind it?? If anyone has any advice that would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just some screw holes. Same color. I removed mine as the bull guard blocked it.
Make sure you are in a state that does not go postal over front plates like CA does.

Had a look at mine last night when I installed my new grill. Looks like mine is riveted on. If it was steel underneath and could be painted, and I didn't have a Saskatchewan Roughriders plate that kicked ass I would probably pull mine too. GO RIDERS!

on the '10 we don't need them in mi so i removed mine. it only left three 1/4" holes that you can barely see; couldn't tell the plate was there two years. I used a small drill bit on the center pins of the plastic rivet after which it pulled right out.

jrford, think you could post a bigger picture for me of your front bumper with the 3 holes showing? I've noticed your truck is a pretty dark color, I drive a red Adrenalin, I think I would notice the 3 holes in my bumper a mile away...

Not as much as you notice a license plate.

with black it does disappear. . .i think the holes wouldn't look bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0009sm.jpg
    IMG_0009sm.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 609

Back