Front Plate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Plate

COscooter

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado! It's all downhill from here....
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
2016 sport

Is it me or is the front license plate bracket not the right size? Mine is a finger wide on each side and a finger short on the bottom with the plate mounted. Functionally it works, but its not right.

I went back to the dealer and the platinum they had on the floor was the same - wtf Ford? All the efforts the convicts put out making them all the same and you can't get it right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:ttiwwp:

Just picked up my new 2016 Sport today and I can't wait to get that front license plate bracket off! Agree it's really big. Bummed there will be holes but I think I'll get those colored plugs.

I bought the bumper plugs and was waiting for the clear bra to be put on it to install them but honestly I think I might just keep the empty holes. On black it's probably going to be more noticeable having goosebumps on the front bumper vs just an empty black on black hole. Obviously this would only work well on black in my opinion.

Has anyone ordered the bumper plugs in Ruby Red? Wondering how good the match is...

On the backside of the plate mount (before I tossed it into the recycle bin) you will notice text with information for multiple countries so it more of a "One size fits many" - smart business decision.

Back