Front & Rear cameras shortcomings

BerndM

Reaction score
10 miles NE of Disneyland in Southern California
City, State
Placentia, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Platinum
I really like my 17 Platinum and the 2 cameras are awesome BUT, IMHO, Ford missed out on a perfect option.
Wouldn't it be great if the 2 cameras could act as dash cams anytime the engine is running and a flash drive is plugged into a USB port. I would think that the Sync 3 system could be reprogrammed to do that using a looping record mode.
Oh well, maybe when Sync 4 comes out.
:rolleyes:

I really like my 17 Platinum and the 2 cameras are awesome BUT, IMHO, Ford missed out on a perfect option.
Wouldn't it be great if the 2 cameras could act as dash cams anytime the engine is running and a flash drive is plugged into a USB port. I would think that the Synch 3 system could be reprogrammed to do that using a looping record mode.
Oh well, maybe when Synch 4 comes out.
:rolleyes:

Is the front camera not used in conjunction with ACC? Either way, that would be fabulous if possible. Sadly, I think we'll have to stick with aftermarket for a little while yet.

Is the front camera not used in conjunction with ACC? Either way, that would be fabulous if possible. Sadly, I think we'll have to stick with aftermarket for a little while yet.
There is no connection between the front camera and the ACC. They are separate systems. I tried turning the camera on while driving and that warning about certain features being disabled for safety came up. I've never checked to see how far or well the camera sees. I doubt it would be as good as an actual dash cam.

Peter

There is no connection between the front camera and the ACC. They are separate systems. I tried turning the camera on while driving and that warning about certain features being disabled for safety came up. I've never checked to see how far or well the camera sees. I doubt it would be as good as an actual dash cam.

Peter

I should've clarified, I thought the front camera was used by the vehicle, but unable to be used by driver and/or passenger while in motion. I think I'm mixing things up between the 6th gen and Aviator with this.

Back