• Register Today It's free!

front timing tensioner

exprunner11

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport
since it has finally warmed up enough its finally time to do the front timing tensioner and came across one on amazon by ford but i'm not sure if its the right part number. I would really appreciate if someone can tell me if this would fit on a 2001 sport 4.0 sohc.

The number is Ford 7U3Z-6K254-B - TENSIONER - TIMING B

The address is if you want to look your self is http://www.amazon.com/Ford-7U3Z-6K2...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2H11XBKFF0WBM

from my documents the part number is correct. I'd suggest to swap both tensioners, the spring in the rear tensioner gets tired as well....

Land Rover used the SOHC in the Discovery / LR 3 in US, Canada and Australia. They say as regular maintenance both have to be changed every 50,000 km.

Btw: Ford price in Germany is for both tensioners and the gaskets about 160 Euro/220$, using the parts from LR is only 75Euro/104$. That may be different at your site, but I think it's worth to be checked.

thanks for helping me confirm and the advice for the tensioner, and i have already changed the rear tensioner last summer knowing the front would be need to be changed soon and I will plan to get new compression spring for the front as well.

Back