• Register Today It's free!

front wheel bearings

jacobl

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
I am going to replace the front wheel bearings in my driveway, and i was wondering what tools will i need to complete the job. The truck is a 2002 xlt 4x4.
Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Meh I need to do the same thing. If anyone knows, please post up. Also how much Cheddar am I looking at spending.

Jack
Jack stands
lug nut wrench
I think the brakes and calipers are 13mm and 15mm or maybe there's a 10mm in there as well (it's been a while)
take the brakes off remove rotor
I'm 99% sure the hub nut is a 1 1/4" and it's torqued to 200ft lbs
You're going to need a good breaker bar and a piece of pipe to break the nut loose. I also stuck a piece of pipe in the lugs to keep the hub from spinning. I didn't use a torque wrench to retorque them, i just did it by feel but you need to get them TIGHT. If you have airtools it'll be alot easier.
It's not to bad of a job it shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to do both.

for my bearings that i had replaced in the front and the rear, they had to replace the entire hub assembly with a press... idk if this is the same situation but just throwing it out there

for my bearings that i had replaced in the front and the rear, they had to replace the entire hub assembly with a press... idk if this is the same situation but just throwing it out there

I was really hoping the fronts weren't the same as teh rear's. That **** gets expensive quick. My driver side WB sounds like a 747 whenever I come to a stop. Damn thing is, it wasn't like this when it was 60 degree's outside, it has to wait until its in the teens, and single digits.

Back