• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Cap Light

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
Well here's a new one for me, had no clue that these trucks had a fuel cap light, it's one of those things I never paid much attention too. Anyhow, today while on my way to the doctors office mine came on, kinda of freaked me out but after looking at it for a sec or two I realized what it was. I put a new fuel cap on the truck a little over a month ago, in fact I'll list all that has been changed:
-fuel cap
-fuel pump
-fpdm
-purge valve canister
-fuel pressure sensor
-air intake
-fuel filter

I've still be battling the fuel issue I've had before that some of you know of where the truck starts fine with every first start of the day or every start where it's cooled down completely but each start after the first start or cool down period it acts as if it's starving for fuel and the fuel pressure reads low.

My cap light came on when I forgot to put it on after fueling up. The system senses when there is a vacuum or air leak. Same thing happened on my daughter's Mustang,I thought it was the gas cap and replaced that. The light activated again and it turned out to be the grommet that seals the fuel fill tube at the gas tank. Replaced that and it settled down. Just listening to what you are describing, I still think you have a disconnected or damaged fuel or vacuum line as a result of your wreck.

My cap light came on when I forgot to put it on after fueling up. The system senses when there is a vacuum or air leak. Same thing happened on my daughter's Mustang,I thought it was the gas cap and replaced that. The light activated again and it turned out to be the grommet that seals the fuel fill tube at the gas tank. Replaced that and it settled down. Just listening to what you are describing, I still think you have a disconnected or damaged fuel or vacuum line as a result of your wreck.

That's something I'm going to have my buddy check next week since I can't do physical labor yet . I did however removed the fuel cap and found the rubber dislodged -_-, so I adjusted it and it went off in about 20 miles. I'm taking a trip next weekend so I'm going to change injectors, upgrade coil packs and spark plugs after they find what's causing this retarded start

Back