• Register Today It's free!

Fuel & Emission line sizes

JoshT

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger
So can anyone tell me what size the fuel lines are in a '98 Explorer? If you also happen to know the size of the emission hard lines going back to the charcoal canister I'd appreciate it as well?

I'm fitting the lines into my 86 Ranger as part of the 5.0 swap and need to do a little extending to connect to the BII tank I'll be putting behind the axle. It's either extend or run new ones and either way I need to know the sizes.

Just guessing I'd say that the fuel lines are 5/16" and the emissions lines are 1/2". I know if I extend the existing lines with hose I need to use Fuel injection hose on the fuel lines. If I'm not mistaken the emissions lines aren't under pressure, so standard fuel safe hose would be fine for them right?

Starting to hit that little stuff I didn't think about before starting the swap, and trying to get them ironed out before I actually drop the motor in. So I appreciate any help I can get. Planning to drop the engine in the bay "next" weekend (like I've been thinking for the past month) and want to get this little stuff ironed out before then.

Back