• Register Today It's free!

Fuel filler neck replacement

Ohio_82

Reaction score
City, State
Tiffin Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
Been getting a constant check fuel fill inlet on the screen, cleaned and lubed and made sure the fuel door is closing properly and it’s all good there. So I ordered the fuel filler neck, I have it almost all apart, but can anyone tell me how the heck to get the vent tube disconnected? I can’t seem to even get my hand up there to remove the clip!
It is definitely the filler neck causing the code the top of the vent is rusted out and has a hole. Thanks all for having me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As far as I know, I don't believe anyone here has done that repair, so there is nothing to reference. Do keep us updated should you be able to get it done. Thanks.

Peter

Well that’s encouraging lol!! It’s frustrating as hell not quite able to reach where I need to reach! I’m about ready to mix up some jb weld and fix the small hole at the top of the filler neck and call it a day!

I think the vent hoses deteriorate, and “rot“ on to the filler. You probably got black soot/rot all over your hands. Cutting the vent hose may be the only option to remove the vent hose. Maybe you can detach the vent hose from the fuel tank first so you can move the fuel filler to get more room. At least that was my experience with an older model.

Welcome to the Forum.

Good luck.

I think the vent hoses deteriorate, and “rot“ on to the filler. You probably got black soot/rot all over your hands. Cutting the vent hose may be the only option to remove the vent hose. Maybe you can detach the vent hose from the fuel tank first so you can move the fuel filler to get more room. At least that was my experience with an older model.

Welcome to the Forum.

Good luck.
The vent tube is actually a solid metal part all the way down to the tank. Still have not figured this out. I’m thinking to actually accomplish this replacement I would need to drop the rear sub frame down.

Back