Fuel injectors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel injectors

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Whats up fellow explorers. Im adding a supercharger sometime in Feb. and im building up my engine to get ready for 9 lbs. of boost and a 125 shot of nitrous, i think the factory fuel injects are 19 lb. but i was considering 30 or 36 lb. ones. I know if would effect my fuel economy, but by a little bit or a massive difference ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on how much you use the happy pedal. I know Troll averages about 8-10 mpg driving normally. Splat avged about 13 mpg city with stock 19# on the 4.0 OHV.

Thats what i was figuring, it would only be drastic if you floored it a lot (which anyone with a supercharger has to do). Come on, you didnt pay 3 grand to only gun it once a week

It was so bad with mine I was seriously planning on installing a second fuel tank. Be prepared to know your gas station manager when you get the s/c ;)

off topic, kinda

is it possible to upgrade njectors to say 20 or 22 change MAF...wthout doing anything else? i would imagine it is , but have no clue on HP gain or anything else, this thread made me wonder about it.

Ford injectors: 19, 24, 30, 36. There may be a 32. Also with any of these you can tweak them for more flow a bit.

Upgrading the fuel system is part of a whole. Just upgrading injectors won't do anything unless your old ones were bad or inadequate.

On a 91-94 a new MAS definately helps though, regardless of injectors.

so on a vrtually stock engine (now) 24# injectors would be worthless...i am asking based on later when i have new heads, Intake(port/polish) and headders...the MAF is a given, but would i need to have t recalibrated when i change over?

Yes, the MAS is calibrated to the injectors.

Stock injectors on the 6 are fine until you go s/c or are running lots of nitrous.

ok dumb question but what is mas....

Edit: ok i know what it is, i had a blonde moment....carry on...lol

adam

MAS = MAF

Back