Fuel Line

bolisham

Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4.0 SOHC
Fuel Line Leaking

Anyone know where I can get the fuel line that comes up from the lower part of the engine compartment and then goes into the fuel rail? Its the pressure side. The line is steel braided and has an end on it that bolts to the fuel rail. I have a 1998 ford explorer 4.0 SOHC. The dealer said it would be $300. And you have to buy both the pressure line and the return line. Thats crazy. Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What happened to the line? The only help I can give you is to check out one of the companies that build custom lines for tractors, hot rods, etc.

I had to have a custom p/s line made.
Should cost you around 50-100 bucks.

Originally posted by RiverRat
What happened to the line? The only help I can give you is to check out one of the companies that build custom lines for tractors, hot rods, etc.

I had to have a custom p/s line made.
Should cost you around 50-100 bucks.

The line leaks. Where can I find one of these companies?

here in salt lake we have a "house of hoses" which is just a local shop that does anything you need. they have tons of fittings and any type of pressure hose, vacuum, anything you might want. i've used them several times for making custom fitting parts. see if you have something like that around you perhaps?

-d

Look up hydraulic, custom hot rod, industrial hose, etc in the phone book.

Back