Fuel pump bad? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump bad?

sohcmike

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 & 2006 Explorer
Guys,
i went to move my 97 the other day and it wouldn't start. The fuel system had no pressure in it so i started checking things. The relay clicks when you turn the key on. The 20amp fuse is good. So we pulled the tank and pulled the fuel pump out. We put power to it and the wires sparked. It didn't run, just sparked. Why wouldn't it have blown a fuse and i guess the fuel pump is bad? Only have 423,000 miles on it. I hate to put it down already.

Guys,
i went to move my 97 the other day and it wouldn't start. The fuel system had no pressure in it so i started checking things. The relay clicks when you turn the key on. The 20amp fuse is good. So we pulled the tank and pulled the fuel pump out. We put power to it and the wires sparked. It didn't run, just sparked. Why wouldn't it have blown a fuse and i guess the fuel pump is bad? Only have 423,000 miles on it. I hate to put it down already.

why put it down? just replace the pump. RockAuto has them starting at $21 if you don't want to put much money into it.

Back