Fuel Pump Driver Module location 2021 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pump Driver Module location 2021 Explorer

NicholeMo

Reaction score
City, State
Valparaiso FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey there! Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump driver module is located on the 2021 Explorer XLT? Is it easily accessible/easy to fix yourself? Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter K that was perfect!!! Just save our selves $200 and fixed it in about 15 minutes! Thanks so much!!
Glad I was able to help. :thumbsup:

Peter

As of my last update in September 2021, I do not have information specific to the 2021 Explorer XLT model. Vehicle designs can vary, and the location of the fuel pump driver module might differ between different years and trims.

To find the exact location of the fuel pump driver module on your 2021 Explorer XLT, I recommend consulting the owner's manual or reaching out to a Ford dealership or certified mechanic. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information on your vehicle's components and their accessibility.speakeasy speed test omegle wallet on strap bubblegram

As for whether it's easy to fix yourself, it depends on your level of automotive experience and the specific design of the vehicle. Repairing or replacing components like the fuel pump driver module can be a complex task that requires specific tools and knowledge. If you have limited experience with automotive repairs, it's generally best to leave such tasks to a professional mechanic to ensure the job is done safely and correctly.

Hi Patricia. Based on the member's reply to my post, the module was located. The Owner's Manual would not have that information whereas a Technical Manual likely would.

Peter

Hey there!!

Anyone know where the Powertrain Control Module is located?

I recently posted a thread, trying to locate the fuel pump control module. I needed to find it so my husband could replace it because of a code that my explorer was throwing. However, now it’s throwing a different code about the powertrain control module, and upon researching it looks like the labor is pretty cheap to fix it but I don’t know where it’s located.?

Hey there!!

Anyone know where the Powertrain Control Module is located?

I recently posted a thread, trying to locate the fuel pump control module. I needed to find it so my husband could replace it because of a code that my explorer was throwing. However, now it’s throwing a different code about the powertrain control module, and upon researching it looks like the labor is pretty cheap to fix it but I don’t know where it’s located.?
It’s a 2021 Ford Explorer BTW

Hey Peter!

So I had needed to find the Fuel Pump Control Module because my explorer was throwing a code that the Powertrain(PCM) lost connection with the Fuel Pump Control Module. Husband replaced it and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now I’m getting a PCM warning and the car won’t start at all. I’m thinking it was the PCM this whole time - do you have any idea or see a thread of where it’s located by chance? Ty!!

Hey Peter!

So I had needed to find the Fuel Pump Control Module because my explorer was throwing a code that the Powertrain(PCM) lost connection with the Fuel Pump Control Module. Husband replaced it and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now I’m getting a PCM warning and the car won’t start at all. I’m thinking it was the PCM this whole time - do you have any idea or see a thread of where it’s located by chance? Ty!!
Sorry, I don't know where it is located and there doesn't seem to be another thread on it. Did you check to see if there was a trouble code set?

Peter

What is the code?

Peter
I have not actually gotten a code for it yet, trying to get an appointment made, but this is what the app is telling me after the vehicle will not start this morning

CD1A564C-0279-4D0E-BEF8-FF6F8D11A7EC.png

Back