Fuel pump | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks like a good wiring diagram for this. Now, excuse while I get dense, but, what is the question at this point? The wiring diagram shows that the red wire should have 12 V power whenever the EEC relay is closed, and you indicated that it did not, is that correct?

been a few days so im going on what i rember. at the pump plug(back near rear axel i had 7ish volts, up at the relay plug i did have 12v in and was hearing the relay click and it was turning the 7 volts on and off. so why am i getting 7 volts at the pump?

As noted previously, 7V on the dk grn/yel wire is usually an indication that the relay is not closing (the 7V is a ghost voltage created by the PCM). Other than the "click," is there evidence that the relay is closing? At the relay, how many and which leads show 12 V with the relay supposedly closed (of particular interest at this point, does the drk green/yel wire have 12 V)?

ill see about checking all the wires readings key on and key off and ill post back

Back