Fuel tank pressure is 0 psi on Forscan? other emission issues [re: P0171 P0174 P0401 P0442] | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel tank pressure is 0 psi on Forscan? other emission issues [re: P0171 P0174 P0401 P0442]

mbed

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Greetings!

Background: CEL on. P0171 and P0174 with P0401 and P0442 as added bonus! Hooked up to full version of forscan and it shows a 0 psi reading for my tank pressure. Do forscan or explorers (2002 v6 vinE) have that sensor or is mine bad or is a monumental leak likely?

If anyone can make sense of the other readings...please opine.

More background: I smoke tested engine and found leak near EGR valve appearing to be from underside of diaphragm opening. replaced it with a new one i bought several years back when i actually needed the dpfe sensor. also replaced throttle body gasket, IAC gasket and EGR tube gasket as well.

Cleaned MAF with correct fluid but am considering R&R of it as well as evap purge solenoid near master cylinder.

Hate throwing parts at it but at this point...need to get it to pass inspection.

Thanks to all!

Forscan Dashboard readout .jpg Forscan Codes-explorer July 2022.jpg

Check purge solenoid valve , sometimes battery gunk melts into the actual hose fitting, makes a hole in it, at the bottom where the drip would hang.

Back