FullFootNotch's SAS on 38s | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FullFootNotch's SAS on 38s

FullFootNotch's SAS on 38s
1992 explorer sport 4.0 5spd

Engine mods
-K&N flat filter
-Flowmaster Single Exhuast
-Gutted Cat
-Ceramic Clutch
4dr Auto tranny metal radiator, for betting cooling and to get metal endtanks, and same size and everything for the manual even though its an auto tranny rad, so built in cooler for anything in the future

Exterior mods
-Custom fade clearcoat- fades from clearcoat to no clearcoat in a few inches
-Factory manual sunroof
-Cheap black front push bar
-Smittybuilt nerf bars
-Smittybuilt Tube rear bumper w/ 2 inch receiver
-Passion purple tint-patent pending of course
-Flat black rustoleum on rear pillars

Suspension
-NO B/L
-SAS’d front
-Dana 30 front, stock gears
-Pro comp 4 inch 73-87 front chevy leaf spring, gotta goto an 8" spring to even out front with rear, slight rub right now on full lock
-Custom front hangers, 4x4 tubing ¼ thick, 2 inch reciever built in for work platform and to move trailers around
-Ranger 7.5 axle (installed cause it had 4.10 gears) temporary, going to install 8.8 or Chrysler 9 ¾ soon
-Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 38.5x15.50x15 on 15x10 rockcrawler rims 5x4.5 bolt pattern
-3 inch lift blocks with custom ranger spring packs, factory hardware on back, no aftermarket shackles

truck is not completely done, previous owner(who works for a large 4wd company-retail outlet) did not set driveline angle correctly, so I gotta shim the pinion or rotate the perches, gotta build traction bars ,and redo steering and shock mounts in the front due to the shop that installed it, wanting to goto 44 boggers, but gotta upgrade axles first, also gotta do drop pitman arm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright Caleb! You finally unloaded your bumper! :D FullFootNotch, be sure to post some pics when you get everything put together. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bmxking5 said:
DAMN!!!! :eek: Good to hear that Xkid finally sold his bumper! ;)

kinda traded, me and him made a deal on some tires and wheels, and what not, even though i might be selling the tires soon.... Found me a set of 39.5"
Iroks, the tires i was wanting :D

PS: Dont get him started on Iroks, HE(fullfootnotch) hates them, thinks they are for show rigs only LOL

hey, its one of those, lets put those 39.5 iroks versus my 39.5 TSLs out at the seaworld mudhole, and lets see who doesnt get stuck, and even peterson's off road said that the IROK was not a true offroad tire, that it had the offroad look but was more suitable for street, ill take a set of boggers or TSL's any day

that the IROK was not a true offroad tire, that it had the offroad look but was more suitable for street

Thats a load of BS cuase the irok is made outa the same compound as the bogger and that means sooooooft. Ive herd that your lucky to get 10-15k miles on the road with them...........making it a crappy road tire.

Its an awesome tire for low hp trucks(exploders and rangers) too becuase it wieghts 15lbs lighter a tire than a bogger. You have to be able to spin the crap outa a bogger to make it usefull.

just my .02

they said the RADIAL Irok's weren't true off-road tires, BIAS are awesome, I have a little over 10k on mine are more than half, with about 7k+ on the street, and a non-functioning locker with 5.13's in the rear 1 wheel peel all day long!!!!!!!!!!

Back