Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
This is up in the johnson valley area and they run the hammers trails and a few others. Thinking of trying to make it up for the run. We would be taking tracy's jeep so we would probably do the fissure mountain trail. I don't think I can talk her into claw hammer. It will be a last minute depending on work if we do go. just seeing if anyone else is interested.

More info here http://www.victorvalley4wheelers.com/fitd/registration/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribing

(I NEED to get offroad!! - but it will be a last-minute dexision for me also)

About 80% sure we will be going. If everything works out like it is planned right now we should be out there friday afternoon.

....way to much stuff to do:(

owning a home just makes more work:mad::p:

I'd like to go but it's a lot of driving for me in one weekend. I've been working out in Corona then going home on weekends and back again. It would be hard to squeeze in a trip out there.

I have a broadcast I need to run Sat night :(

Have fun! (and post pics!)

Tracy and I ended up heading out thursday night. On friday we started cruising around just to see what was around. Next thing we know we were starting to head up clawhammer. We got about halfway up and decidted we should turn around before we went to far. Then we ran into a guy with a toyota buggy so we turned around again and finished our way up the trail with him. On saturday we deiced to sign up to run aftershock. On our way out we stopped at a side trail where a guy in the group ripped the steering box off the frame, bent a tierod, broke a rear leaf spring, seperated the rear driveshaft and alot of body damage. Ended up taking all day to get him out. So sense we didnt run aftershock on Saturday we ran in on Sunday with some of the people we were with on saturday. Got home at 9 pm last night. We forgot the camera in the jeep so no pictures till we get back home. We put a few small dings in the jeep but nothing to bad. 33" tires and a loose limited slip up front made it harder. 35"s and a front locker would have made the trails alot easier.

Waiting for pics;) I was looking at the website, and alot of them recomend 33's which make it seem easy:rolleyes: I just need a front locker:D

So the Jeep has been in pristine condition all it's life while Tracy and her dad had it. Then she met you... Rubicon and now Hammer damage. :)

How difficult was clawhammer? Could an explorer body make it through there no problem?

Tail lights might take a good beating. With some backups probably most damage could be avoided. We had to winch up depreciation knob on aftershock. However you could turn around and go back down it as well. With a group of 3-4 rigs we could probably go up clawhammer and then down aftershock in a day. Then do the oppisite the next day.

Lockers front and rear on 35" and I think an explorer could do both trails. Brian might have some trouble cause his explorer is so low. Most of the other built so cal crew can probably make it pretty easy. Stic-o with haveing an open front might have a bit of trouble pushing up and over some of the rocks. If you have a 5 speed then a crawler box is a must. If everyone had a winch then you could go up aftershock.

We also have done Dusy Ershim, truckhaven, and a few other fresno area trails in her jeep. In the first year we dated she did more wheeling then she had in the previous 10 years. Tracy drove all of clawhammer and about 90% of aftershock. After 3 days of wheeling and the 95+ degree heat her narcolepsy kicked in and she couldn't finish aftershock.

I need to hurry up and get my truck done. We (I) have a few changes we want to make to her jeep. Clock the Tcase up, some rear corner guards, and maybe tube fenders if I can get her to agree with them.

Guess I need to get rear bumper finished and start working on a locker:D

Post pics?

(PLEASE!!!!!!! I'm jonesing over here!!)

I left the camera in the jeep. we will be home late friday so hopefully can post some on sunday. I didn't take any pictures on clawhammer.

PerfectWeatherforaRun.jpg

In line to head out to aftershock on saturday morning.

PerfectWeatherforaRun.jpg

In line to head out to aftershock on saturday morning.

worthy quotes!

OMG! It really is a Jeep thing!
So many Heeps, so little time!
Must be the second coming!
Heep of trouble!

Back