• Register Today It's free!

fuse box problem need advise!

newfordguy

Reaction score
City, State
cumming ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer
ok my power mirrors don't work so I go and check the fuse it is fine but I look in the slot the fuse goes in and I don't see the connection in the slot ...could it have fell into the box?..how do I fix it??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok my power mirrors don't work so I go and check the fuse it is fine but I look in the slot the fuse goes in and I don't see the connection in the slot ...could it have fell into the box?..how do I fix it??

Take a picture of it and post it.

looked at it more...the wires that the fuse clips in ...fell in the box...so the fuse has nothing to clip on to...

hmm...strange

yea..strange...I wonder if I could open the fuse box and re-connect the wires? Its the box under the hood...

Yes, the fuse box assembly can be separated to access the back side. Just be careful and disconnect the battery first. The clips on the outside of it is what keeps the two halves together.

Fuse 23 of the Passenger compartment fuse panel, handles: Power mirrors, Interior lamps, Puddle lamps, Battery saver, Instrument illumination and Homelink. The Power distribution box (under the hood) has no fuse for the power mirrors, but many unused spaces.

Download Your Manual...

Oops, those fuse locations are for my 2006 Explorer. Your Power Mirror fuse is position #28 in the Power Distribution Box and also handles Heated Seats.

I suspect it had a poor connection, overheated, and melted its retaining clips because of the seat heaters. You'll probably have to solder in a replacement socket with pigtails. Not elegant, but functional.

Back