FYI - Sync site is down until Sunday.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FYI - Sync site is down until Sunday..

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
"We are working on the site! You will not be able to log in or create an account or access the site.

We'll be working from Saturday, April 9th at 4:00 AM to Sunday, April 10th at 6:00 PM (EST)

To access the site, please return any time after 6:00 PM (EST) Sunday.

We apologize for this inconvenience."​

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I went to the site because of course my ADD wont let me just read the above message and leave it alone.

logged in fine, now I show updates available for v2.7

click on it and it just hangs...

anyone able to download and install these updates?

To our site visitors:

Portions of our site are undergoing maintenance, and SYNC specific information may not be available.

Please return to the site on/after Monday, April 11th, to view SYNC details. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So I went to the site because of course my ADD wont let me just read the above message and leave it alone.

logged in fine, now I show updates available for v2.7

click on it and it just hangs...

anyone able to download and install these updates?

I have the same issue as you... it actually says I have an "Update Available" (it doesn't say 2.7) on the right side of my update and customize page. When I click it, it just reloads the same page. I guess we have to wait a little longer for it to work (like the person said above).

I have the same issue as you... it actually says I have an "Update Available" (it doesn't say 2.7) on the right side of my update and customize page. When I click it, it just reloads the same page. I guess we have to wait a little longer for it to work (like the person said above).

This is exactly what happened to me.

FYI, the same thing happened to me BEFORE the site went down for an update.

The site came back up before the Sunday time and the behavior was exactly the same.

R

FYI, the same thing happened to me BEFORE the site went down for an update.

The site came back up before the Sunday time and the behavior was exactly the same.

R

Hmm....wonder if this means we have to go to the dealer for this update? But, why then have it appear as a 'link'?

mine says i have gen 2 version 2.7. is there an update after that one? also i have never been able to get to the update page. when i click on updates i just get our system has experienced and error. but that is all i have ever gotten since i got the vehicle

Ummmm...why don't all of you wait until they say it's fully back up?

wel it says there is an update available. so i finally got it to work and it updated my car. but when i came back to report succesful instalation it said it was fine but the update is the same one i have in the car. gen 2 version 2.7 bt4t-14d544-bh.
it is the same one the dealer just did for me 5 days ago. just wondering if there is an update or not. but atleast it worked.

I am sure it is back up... why would they put it on line without it being fully up?

Either way, I am just going to have the dealer do the update....

R

the update went pretty easy. just don't know if it really is an update or not. same version

In another thread somewhere, someone said there was a V2.8, but I have been unable to confirm this. I have V2.7, and Sync said there was an update available last night, but I didn't mess with it since I just got the Ex 4 days ago, and still working on just getting the radio to do what I want it to!

In another thread somewhere, someone said there was a V2.8, but I have been unable to confirm this. I have V2.7, and Sync said there was an update available last night, but I didn't mess with it since I just got the Ex 4 days ago, and still working on just getting the radio to do what I want it to!

Your correct, v2.8 is the latest being loaded into the Ex's leaving the factory as of last week. Not available to the dealerships for our vehicles until the end of April.

What fun is that?!?!?!

Yeah, I see that mine says update available, but clicking that just takes me to the status checker tool and no other update.

OK so I waited till today as the previous message suggested and still the syncmyride owners site just re-loads the page when you click on "updates available"

Anyone have better luck?

OK so I waited till today as the previous message suggested and still the syncmyride owners site just re-loads the page when you click on "updates available"

Anyone have better luck?
Tried to download this morning and ran into the same problem as you. Page just refreshes and nothing else happens. I sent a report to Sync using the Contact Us selection at the bottom of the page.

mine is the same..."download is available" on version 2.4, but nothing happens when I click.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried to download this morning and ran into the same problem as you. Page just refreshes and nothing else happens. I sent a report to Sync using the Contact Us selection at the bottom of the page.
I also have version 2.4 and it showed an update was available. I just received a reply from the 'Sync' people. They say that the site has experienced technical difficulties and this has been escalated to their IT people. I was also told that their records indicate that there are NO updates available for me on the website. Any updates available will be located above the SYNC status checker.

Back