Ga. Explorers

mdrut

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Inverness, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 sport
Hello guys and gals from the Peach State...
For those of you who don't know me, MDRUT/Mike from the Florida Explorer club...
Right now, we are talking about possibly putting together an East Coast run next year. As of right now, we don't have a Ga. club.
Now, I have seen many of you posting about "Places to wheel???". I, along with several others would like to help you out with that. If possible, The Fl. Exer's would like to help the Ga.Exer's get off the ground.
All I need from you is interest..Do you want to do it??? Would you like to have a State Wide Explorer Club???
Please feel free to e-mail me at mdrut@atlantic.net
I would like to hear from anyone who might want to join in a meet, possible places we could do it, and everyones vehicle mods...Thanks for your time, and I look forward to meeting each of you..
BTW...If for some reason you can't e-mail me, I will be keeping tabs on this thread..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also note that you can join the East Coast Xplorers. Georgia is one of the states that we accept members from. At this time, we have no members from Georgia. If you'd like to join our club, let Jason_25 know. Email Jason_25

just sent you an email. i'm super interested, just been busy remodeling the new house. free time is abundant after turkey day though. can't afford anymore big remodeling projects for a while :( :bounce: :bounce:

we are currently scouting some places in norht florida to go wheeling at. North Florida mortorsports Park is abput 20 mins from Valdosta GA. there is also a state management area with dried river beds and sand dunes that Jon McCleod and I plan on checking out next week. this would be an ideal spot for any south georgians.

I live bout 35 miles from the ga line.

sounds great! if its on a good weekend, i can probably swing a trip down to florida. i'm just north of atlanta now but hey, the truck is meant to go places! keep us posted on the date for a north florida run! i'd love to join yall..

you know it just hit me. i have a friend with an ex that goes to University of the South at Suwanee. He is studying overseas right now but i think he will back next semester. it is an ealry 90s limited. liek a light purple. its 2wd though.

also my uncle is Covington which isnt too far from you.

We will keep you posted on the florida runs also you shoudl join the florida ex forum and you can take active part in planning and discussion.

hey im going to Moultry this weekend to the truck swap or something like that. my boss was telling me about it. if your interested ill get more info.

Hey Jason, You are welcome to join us on any run..Our club is free and open to everyone. You can stop by www.flexplorers.com and register...
BUT.....
I want to clarify my intentions...
The FlExr's are not looking to expand to Ga., frankly, we would love to have you, but the area is just to large to plan events. What my intensions are..Help a Ga based club get started..Gabe is close to the Ga line, I'm 2 hrs from it, and it is within a days drive for the rest of our members. What we would like, to help the Ga Explorers organize and form their own club, to have a friendly group of folks we could gather with, and spend a day or weekend on the trails with.

No don't get me wrong, we would love to have you, but I don't want to step on anyones toes here. If you decide you want to join ECX, great...You are still welcome at our events..If you want to use ECX to get started, GREAT..Keep us updated, we would love to run with you. If you would like to form your own Ga club and then join the ECX, great...
All I am saying, we are having a ball down here in Florida, we would like to find some more people to enjoy our sport with..

Good Luck, whatever decision you make..Mdrut/Mike

i understood your intentions perfectly. i would like to participate in on a group run before trying to start a ga club though. not that its likely, but it would suck if i did all kinds of planning and then didn't enjoy the big group stuff or if it looked like way too much work than i can put in. and i appreciate any help/advice/input that you can give.
jason_25 (if you read this).... i notice that the ecx group you are heading is NC, SC, and GA. i'm not trying to step on your toes, but i wouldn't mind trying to get the GA club going or at least help if you don't want to deal with all 3 states.
buchvilleman... good ole moultrie.. thats just down the road from my hometown of tifton. i'd check out the event, but i'm finishing up some home renovations this weekend.

Got your e-mail, hope I answered your questions...

Come on folks, anyone else from Ga want to test their Ex ????

Hope to put something together for Jan...

Hey GA Explorers (glad i didnt mistype a y at he end of the state abbreviation:D ) we are going to be having amini/prerun in Jasper Fl which is only a few miles into the state of florida if you were travelling on I-75. I will have specific directions and info on the meet if you all are interested.

jasonb, i know you probably haves plans and its like 4 hours or more away but we are meeting at 7am and plan on wheeling for a few hours. this could also become a potentially gret place for east coast clubs and a future GA/FL ex runs.

looks like 3 may be 4 riders so far.

you talking about this weekend? if so.. yeah i'll be finishing up laying hardwood floors in the house. let me know how it goes though. thats easily within my driving range. could visit the parents on the way.

we are actually going on thanksgiving morning since we all have the day off and we can swin a few hours in the early morning. i realize that its turkeyday and that is mostly why i am not pushing anyone too hard. we may be able to plana run at this place soon though and we can all input on dates and whatnot so if your game we can base dates on your availability.

yeah my parents and the in-laws are coming to our place this year for turkey day (wish me luck) :eek:
when i get my computer at home set back up i'll go register on the flex board and get more info and stuff. can't wait until after t-day! all this house renovation will be done! free time.......
thanks for the invites, i'm gonna make it one of these days!

OK Ga folks, jump in at any time...Please remember, 2 wd are welcome too and can just as much, if not more, fun...

Hey guys, wish I could go wheeling now, but money is tight right now and I could barely afford gas for the trip, much less any breakage. I'm definitely gonna be up for a run come springtime though.

Hey BigDerk, Don't sweat it...Right now we are simply planning..It will be after the 1st of the year before we can put together an offical run..
Right now, we are looking for places to wheel and folks who are interested. If you know of any places, or have any feedback or thoughts, let me know..Hank, Jon, and myself are currently working out the details of adding a few more pages to www.flexplorers.com to include the "Friends of FlEx..", this will allow us to find others in the South east region and give us all a place to gather, plan, and share our thoughts..I'll keep ya posted...

Back