• Register Today It's free!

Garage Door Opener Homelink

Bill Holt

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Has anyone had a issue with programming their Homelink ? I have had nothing but headaches programming my garage door opener, my sons door, and my daughters door. I have followed the instructions in the manual but my daughters garage door will not program. Any thoughts, comments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Bill. I'm guessing it is the same as the one in my Aviator. I had no issues with getting it programmed at all. One thing I would recommend is that after every unsuccessful attempt, use the 'delete' method to erase anything in the memory buttons on the visor. If I understand your post, you were able to program 2 out the 3 doors? Are the garage door openers all the same make/model?

Peter

It took quite a while to get mine working. It’s very opener model dependent so what worked for me may not work for you. I have a Genie Intellicode 2 opener and I think what worked for me was following the instructions in the Genie opener manual rather than what was in the Explorer manual. Good luck.

I couldn't make it work using Ford's manual. Here's what I got from Liftmaster...It worked for me. Liftmaster is a pretty common door opener.

Attachments

• LiftMaster programing for the Ford.pdf
    179 KB · Views: 273

I couldn't make it work using Ford's manual. Here's what I got from Liftmaster...It worked for me. Liftmaster is a pretty common door opener.
Liftmaster is the “pro” version of Chamberlain brand openers. So may also work for Chamberlains.

Mine is a Liftmaster and I haven't had any issue programming any of my previous vehicles to it using the method in the Manual. That includes the Highlanders.

Peter

Click on on the below link and choose your brand of garage door opener and it will show you a video, hope this helps :)

HomeLink

Update & more info. I am working with 3 different brands of openers. Two have learn buttons , however ,both had different programming procedures. Both were eventually programmed but with many tries !! The third one is a "OLD" Genie Bluemax with no learn button or sadly no manual. I am trying to contact Genie customer service for guidance.

LATEST UPDATE......Contacted Genie service center. They had me do the exact same thing as I had previously done when following the manual procedures. With one exception, the instructions in the manual say to wait so many seconds after releasing buttons, the tech person said to double the amount of time ! Pre-learning button openers are not quite as refined as the newer versions. Bottom line, the opener works !!! Thanks guys for all the helpful hints and suggestions .

They removed it from the 2019 XLT 302A package to the 2020 XLT 302A package. Pretty bummed about it!

They removed it from the 2019 XLT 302A package to the 2020 XLT 302A package. Pretty bummed about it!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Could you please clarify what you are referring to? :dunno:
Thanks.

Peter

Well, this was a post with the title of Garage Door Opener Homelink. I posted the fact that it was in the 2019 XLT 302A package but was removed from the 2020 XLT 302A package.

Well, this was a post with the title of Garage Door Opener Homelink. I posted the fact that it was in the 2019 XLT 302A package but was removed from the 2020 XLT 302A package.
Thanks. That is a clearer statement. Also, that would be the 202A package. There is no 302A.

Peter

I ignored some of what it said in the Ford manual and followed the door opener's process for adding a new remote. MIne is a Liftmaster. At the control panel on the garage wall I pushed the button to learn a new remote then pushed the button in the car that I wanted to control it. I forget if I had to hold it or anything but the opener panel beeped or flashed and that was it.

Have a newer Genie (3 years old) garage door opener, a newer remote. I tried everything, multiple times. With the remote and from the opener itself. It just, won't work.

Any suggestions?
Do you actually have the vehicle? Your profile shows "just looking"?

Peter

Back