Gas filling problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gas filling problems

sinned52

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
I have a 2004 Sport Trac with 92000 miles on it. I have been having problems when filling the gas tank. It always clicks off after a gallon or two have been dispensed. I though it was the pump,so I moved to a different pump. No luck. Even tried a different gas station. Still the same. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pumps usually shut off when gas touches the nossle so that it is underwater (gas), i noticed this when i was filling a plastic gas tank and it kept shutting off because it was too far into the tank, so my guess would be that the pumps are pouring gas too fast for your truck, something is probably blocking flow somewhere between tank and filler hole, maybe a kinked tube or something getting lodged in it restricting flow, try only pulling teh handl eof the pump nosle a little bit so it pours slower and see if that helps, if it does check for blockage in the tube between gas tank and body.

figure out the problem? always good to give feedback after you get the problem fixed so people with teh same problem in the future can see what worked and what didnt.

hawaii to the rescue as always lol

Back