• Register Today It's free!

Gas milage?

Mattsauces

Reaction score
City, State
Hacienda Heights(los angeles)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
What kind of gas milages are you guys all getting. Ive got a 96 4.0 OHV, with 31" tires. Im gettin about 19.5 mpg at best on high way and around 10 or 11 mpg on street with about normal driving habits. Are any of you getting 10 mpg, I wount feel bad if i had 300 horses to go with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats about where I stand with my 98 sport with the OHV. I've got a KKM and a flowmaster exhaust. I have not really had the chance to check mileage on the highway with the flowmaster yet though. Even stock I would get about 19-20 mpg highway.

Dan

My 98 Sport with the ohv and 31's gets around 18 -20 with a good mix of both highway and city driving. Have you replaced your speedo gear with the up sizing of your tires?? maybe that could be throwing something out of whack. I know my speedo and everything is a little off but not that much. Just a guess tho.

From what I could tell, my Speedo is off maybe a max of 4 mph with the 31s. To get the speedo recalibrated would cost the price of a reprogram. Even if I account for the tire difference, its still about the same. I had the 235s stock.

Dan

Hey Hunterdan did you notice any difference with the kkm and the exhaust? Its seems you have pretty much the same truck as me and i have been considering those mods.

Back