Gear selector indicator

BXTF

Reaction score
City, State
TUCKAHOE NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC
Hi all and happy Easter.
First I would like to thank ncranchero’s for all your help this guy is the best and mod’s if this is the wrong place to post this please let me know and please excuse the caps I am not yelling but due to an injury this is the only way I can type.

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport trac 4x4 that my son and I mostly my son changed the all the bulbs on the instrument cluster the pictures & instructions we got from here were so helpful made his life a lot easier. But I made a mistake when we were pulling out the cluster I never pulled out the gear selector cable to give us some extra room and now it is broke the selector does not move at all but when I pull on the copper cable under the steering column it moves so I know I have to get a new gear selector from the dealer if that is what it is called.

My son who is 15 say’s that we can replace it if we had the proper instructions on how to install the new one so if there is any link’s that anyone knows of could you please provide it for us and if it had pictures’ it would be much better we don’t know which end to install first and how to adjust the system so the selector matches up with the proper letter (prnd21) I do know that the gauges are all white if that helps. And when I go to the dealer what should I ask for sorry for the long post but my medication is kicking in and I hope this make sense to all and I did try to find a post or link about his and I could not find any

Also on the selector switch for the lights we could not find the bulbs both the dimmer & the switch for the head lights are out we looked for a while but could not find them my son thinks they are inside the switches so if anyone has any knowledge to our problem and could lead us to the wright spot or post we would be truly great full for your help thanks in advance.
Bxtf & son

:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't find a good post anywhere showing the complete installation of the transmission range indicator, what some call the shift indicator. I thought I had sent you, last night, the WORD doc from the manual on the adjustment. I suppose I made it and didn't send it. My C.R.S. is flaring up I guess.

Here's a headlight/dimmer bulb replacement how-to that should also apply to your 01 Sport Trac
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86455

Hopefully you'll get some better info from the old timers here ....... I'm still a Sport Trac noob.

I suffer from the same syndrome myself Steve.

2008 Ford Explorer Gear Shift light

Does anyone know how to get to the light? It isn't obvious how to disassemble the center console.

A 4-door or Sport Trac?

Back