• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Gearbox wanted

Parts or services wanted

chrisExplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
Hi all,
Looking for a decent gearbox to replace my leaking poorly one that I currently have. I can travel to pick up or arrange pickup no bother.

Hope some one has one

Cheers
Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see one on ebay just now

item no 120527574810

Got one through douglasvally.co.uk for 350 plus vat! more than some but they supplied loads of pictures of the gearbox and answered the emails in good time - worth the extra hopfully - and it was way less than the 800+vat I was quoteed of one cowboy!!!!

Got one through douglasvally.co.uk for 350 plus vat! more than some but they supplied loads of pictures of the gearbox and answered the emails in good time - worth the extra hopfully - and it was way less than the 800+vat I was quoteed of one cowboy!!!!

wow, i find that a bit strong mate.
mick.

wow, i find that a bit strong mate.
mick.

What do you find a bit strong, the fact that some one tried to sell me a secondhand gearbox for nearly 900quid or the fact that I called him a cowboy! maybe cowboy was a bit strong and dick turpin was more appropriate.

Chris

sorry chris, didnt make it too clear did i, £900 for a gearbox, i think robin ba5tard is more appropriate than dick turpin.

the guys at douglas valley are ok arnt they, i have used them for a good number of years. although their stuff isn't particularly competatively priced, refunds and exchanges are done in the blink of an eye. they also have a good range of salvage repairables.

mick.

Thats ok, I nearly laughed in the guys face when he had the nerve to tell me that price! I have heard good things about douglas valley so I hope it will be ok - it the top end of the sensible quotes i got and the only one to supply me with comprehensive photo's.

Back