Gen 1 u-bolt dimensions

Bashman

Elite Hornet Handler
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 Wrangler Unlimited now
Does anyone know the dimensions for the u-bolts on gen 1 ploders? I am getting ready to install the aal and was going to replace the u-bolts. I know the axle is 3 1/4" but I am not sure of the length or whether they are 1/2" or 9/16".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good question. i am about to do the same and was wondering the same. from what i hear, you dont have to do new u-bolts, but i dont know for sure.

I believe the size is only 1/2" but I'm unsure. I didn't have to replace my U-bolts after I installing the AAL.

yea...spray the crap out of them with wd40 every day for 2 weeks first.Won't even need a breaker bar.

Problem is, if his u-bolts look anything like mine, the only way to remove them is to cut them off.
So back to the question, anyone know the dimentions of the u-bolts?

The U-bolts that came with my used 2.5" James Duff lift are 1/2"x 3 1/4"x 9"
Joe

Thanks guys, now I can order them. Ford wants $40 Canadian per u-bolt. :eek: I can get all of them at NAPA for cheaper than that and like mrboyle stated, I figure I will be cutting mine off or at least using my nut splitter.

Back