Getting Duratrac's next week. Size recomendations? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Duratrac's next week. Size recomendations?

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Well ive decided that with the coming snow fall my aging BFG's arnt realy what i want to be rolling with this winter, so ive decided on getting some goodyear duratracs. the only thing i cant decide on is if i want to get them in a 245/75/r16 or a 265/75/r16. the 265's look like they will be getting a little to close to my rear wheel fenders, but i like how they are an inch wider than the 245s. but the 245's should fit with out removing my tight turning radius or hitting the vehicle with suspension flex. i dont think ill be lifting this year so the larger tire sizes are right out. This should be going down next week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hadnt thought about that, but it doesnt matter anyways lol. as the duratrac doesnt come in a 255 at all :(. Im leaning more towards the 245's, 265's with a mild lift, and 285's with full body and spacer lift. For now id just like great traction on what ever i decide to drive on. I think the days of my truck being a rocket are over lol, as much as i love her, shes just no match to my Ws6.

Just hit the truck with a tape measure, and at 31.7 inches the 265's should clear pretty easy on the rear, still not sure how its going to effect my turning radius or suspension travel, i dont get to crazy with her, but i do take some pretty steep hills every now and then. Would the 245's be a smarter choice to maintain travel?

if your leaning towards the 245's, and are concerned about suspension travel, then i would suggest staying in the 70 series. Now if you think that a lift could happen on your ( Beast ! ) within the next few months, then i would say go for the 265's...

lift wont be for awhile, probably not till after i ship out and return from basic. so quite a few months down the road. I think the 245's are going to be the way i head for now, i should have some pics up in a few weeks pending i dont go into financial melt down everything should be good ^.^

Back