give me some opinions/suggestions on this setup | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

give me some opinions/suggestions on this setup

jswr81

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
hey guys im new to this car audio stuff but i like for my music to sounds clear and crisp. So can you guys help with some opinions and suggestions to my future setup. i have already purchased my speakers so now the H/U, sub, and amp(s). are on the the way.
Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD I've heard mixed reviews on them but i like the price and the fact that you can switch the background and buttons to green to match everything else.

Speakers: I bought 4 new Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 's. I am really happy with these, so much better than stock. sound is super clean and crisp w/o an amp already. the speakers are 100 watts rms.

Sub and Box. Im thinking with going with a KICKER 06S10L54 10" 900W SOLO-BARIC L5. it is a dual 4ohm with 450 watts rms. For the box should i put it in a sealed or ported box?

Amp: im really confused about amps. Should i get one 5 channel amp or 1 4 channel and 1 mono class d amp. i havent really looked at 5 channel amps but if i decide to go with a 4 channel amp it would be a INFINITY 7541A 4-CHANNEL. the stats for that are 111 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (139 watts x 4 at 2 ohms). i think this would be good for the speakers.
then what amp should get to power the L5

Sorry for the long post but i wanted to give the info throughly. So could you guys give me some feedback or suggestions on this setup.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would not go with Kicker if you want SQ.

First off what kind of music do you listen to??

How much money do you want to spend??

How much space are you willing to give up for the subenclosure??

You should put that sub in a ported box, Kicker is not a good friend of sealed box.

If you dont plan on doing any other upgrades a 5 channel amp might be good, but if you by-amp is a better option.

I would not go with Kicker if you want SQ.

First off what kind of music do you listen to??

How much money do you want to spend??

How much space are you willing to give up for the subenclosure??

I mostly listen to rock and rap sometimes country but very rarely.

i figured around 200 for the sub and box(ebay prices) and around 300 for an amp(s)

i was just gonna buy a box off ebay or another website that is made for the kicker.

One thing is when you buy a sub in the box it comes with its not going to sound as good if its in something different. They sell them in smaller boxes and say its made to spec but in reality the greater majority of people dont want to take up alot of space.

Also as far as the head unit i will live and die by pioneer but one of the nicerst basic cheap and tunable is the peh-5900

Email Kicker and ask them for box designs.

They sent me some for a 10" round Solobaric.

unless the box you buy off ebay is sealed it will sound like crap.

200 for sub and box is not much by any means at all.

Back