Glen's lifted first gen (Pa) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glen's lifted first gen (Pa)

1994 Limited
Automatic with E1354
4.56 Gearing
Mile Marker hubs (will be changed when I find my WARN hubs)
6" Skyjacker Lift SOA in the rear
Explorer Pro Comp Shocks ES9000 with Green boots
MOOG Ball Joints

Plans right now are to put a 2nd gen rear in it and lock it.

A few pictures til I get better day shots.
0212111251.jpg

0212111633.jpg

0212111633a.jpg

0212111634.jpg

Tried flexing it a little today.
2/16/11
0216111508a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Says the man with the Limited fascination :p:

just because i own two limiteds and a limited replica doesnt mean a thing :p What I really want is a export spec first gen, which was a limited trim, but even more 'limited-y' then the US specs :D

FORD-Explorer--1993-1995-.jpg

(www.autoplenum.de)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just because i own two limiteds and a limited replica doesnt mean a thing :p What I really want is a export spec first gen, which was a limited trim, but even more 'limited-y' then the US specs :D

FORD-Explorer--1993-1995-.jpg

(www.autoplenum.de)

Looks like it has sealed beam lights and a front tow point. Nice.

Looks like it has sealed beam lights and a front tow point. Nice.

good eye. Those seal headlights also are electronically adjustable up and down via a switch on the dash.

I honestly can't remember and think I pitched the boxes, I ordered the MOOG's from Rockauto though.

MOOG Part # K8673
4WD; From 1/11/93; w/Dana 35 Axle; Ball Joint Uses Pinch Bolt; Front Lower

I think this is it? I only need the lowers I just don't want to order the wrong thing. Do you like the moog joints?

The uppers have the pinch bolt, but honestly if you can spare it, do all 4 while the knuckle is off the truck, or you'll be kicking youself later. Moogs are good if you're not going bigger than 33s.

So its a total hassle to go back and do the tops? Because I don't have a enough this week to do all four and I'm concerned that if I leave it out of wack for too long that something will get worse or I'm going to mess up my tires. My outer tie rod is messed to so I'm try too prioritize my buying haha.

O and firestone said I need to repack my front bearings but I recently packed them maybe a couple months ago (idk how often you should repack them) I their a way to test if their bad?

Sorry for the questions but its easier to directly talk to someone that knows what they are talking about.

With what you go through replacing the lowers and using a press tool its highly recomended to do both in each knuckle when you have them out. As for the bearings you're going to be taking all that off to do the ball joints.

And its no problem asking questions :)

Well as this thing sits in the driveway its like a tease....and doesn't seem to be going anywhere...keep pondering of replacing the brake cylinders and getting new drums, replacing the o/d vacuum thinger and getting an open carrier for the front and putting it back out in the woods....Or build up the 2nd gen...ugh too many choices lol....One thing is the 1st gen does certainly get more wheel travel with stock axle compared to the 2nd gen. Both are geared for bigger tires....what to do..what to do...:D

On another note, looking at getting another 2nd gen or a sport trac....

Back