Good/bad day: Keyless entry and a alignment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good/bad day: Keyless entry and a alignment

redneck2725

Reaction score
City, State
Weirton, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Well, i got my keyless entry installed, and it's so nice to have it again. Nice little kit from Circuit City for $110 installed. Works great!!!

Then i had an alightment:thumbdwn: . Went to Sears, and had slight pull to the right. The counter guy informs me that my ball joint is a little worn, and will need replacing soon, maybe the next few months. Well, i take off for home, and hit the highway. I get 1/4 mile and notice my steering wheel is WAY OFF!!! Now the pull is actually worse!! I call, and the guy now thinks the ball joint is not as good as thought, and it must be that. They want $200 installed for it:confused:

Goin in Monday to get it re-aligned, and get my wheel straightened. I hope this helps. I plan on doin the ball joints all at once closer to summer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if the alighnment is off after monday id punch the guy in the eye.

if the alighnment is off after monday id punch the guy in the eye.

I will. I'm just mad that they said the ball joint looking a little worn, and will need replaced in 3-4 months. Then when there is a problem with the alignment, it has to be the ball joint. Not that they screwed up.:mad:

ball joints are easy enough.

ball joints are easy enough.

I'm not worried about the doing them, just mad that i had a little problem when i started, and when to fix it, and now it's worse.

do um soon

$200 is cheap for replacement of ball joints....also if the ball joints are bad..you will keep putting your car out of alignment with every bump you hit

its risky not to change.

$200 is cheap for replacement of ball joints....also if the ball joints are bad..you will keep putting your car out of alignment with every bump you hit

How do you figure?? I can buy them for $25 a set. That means good day out in the garage, and i have have 4 new ball joints installed for $50, not $200 for one lower ball joint:crazy:

auto zone baby!!!!

when you said $200 to fix the problem, i assumed you were talking all four replaced...now i'll warn you those $25 ball joints are all good and great for a honda but realize how much weight you're going to be putting on cheap ball joints. im just saying this because i work on cars for a living i see whats happens when people put in the "economy" ball joints because they were such a deal....cheap is not always better....me working in a shop i spent $65 per ball joint. and i got a great deal on those. price out and see what you can get a set of moog or spicers for it...unless you're just going to sell it and pawn it off on some poor unsuspecting person

Back