Pkg. 202A
Tow pkg
Dual moonroof
Navi system
20 in wheels
Automatic gate
2nd row bucket seat w/ console

MSRP $42,995
Dealer price with Ford cash incentive $37,640 plus the $750 coupon after that!

Much better deal! Thanks all!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So here's what I did...

I have a 2013 Ex XLT AWD on order.
Kodiak Brown/Med Stone leather
Pkg. 202A
Tow pkg
Dual moonroof
Navi system
20 in wheels
Automatic gate
2nd row bucket seat w/ console

MSRP $42,995
Dealer price with Ford cash incentive $37,640 plus the $750 coupon after that!

Much better deal! Thanks all!

That is actually an excellent deal.. Running your build, I get an invoice of $39,614 which not really the invoice. Ford charges the advertising fee and fuel fee to each dealership per vehicle which runs about another $500-$600 on top of that. Take the $1,750 off and you get $37,864 (online invoice).. So you are getting one hell of a deal.

However, a trade always allows a dealer to play games so I'm sure they are making it up on the trade.

Congrats and welcome to the Ex club.

PS - I'm $75 cheaper then you on MSRP... there are 2 options that are $75 so did you leave one of those out or is your dealer ordering it and not telling you? The MSRP on nada.com is $42920

All Weather Mats $75 MSRP
Wheel lock kit $75 MSRP

That is actually an excellent deal.. Running your build, I get an invoice of $39,614 which not really the invoice. Ford charges the advertising fee and fuel fee to each dealership per vehicle which runs about another $500-$600 on top of that. Take the $1,750 off and you get $37,864 (online invoice).. So you are getting one hell of a deal.

However, a trade always allows a dealer to play games so I'm sure they are making it up on the trade.

Congrats and welcome to the Ex club.

PS - I'm $75 cheaper then you on MSRP... there are 2 options that are $75 so did you leave one of those out or is your dealer ordering it and not telling you? The MSRP on nada.com is $42920

You're right on the MSRP... I had the floor mats added in and we decided not to get them... Didn't have it in front of me, I was going off what was in my head.

They didn't give us as good of a price on the trade but with the 8 wk build time, we'll have to make 2 more payments on my current mini-van and it will just about break even in the end. Other dealer was $16000, these guys came in at $14000... We managed to get them to go $14500. We owe $16300 currently and pay $500 a month so it'll work out close enough in the end.

All Weather Mats $75 MSRP
Wheel lock kit $75 MSRP

Sorry...

The above quote got screwed up... Stupid iPad!

I wouldnt say that they are screwing you, but they sure arent giving you a good price. The dealer is entitled to ask for whatever they want, its collectively up to us consumers to tell them whats fair.

For reference

I just had a factory ordered 2013 xlt 202a, awd, blis, cargo shade, roof rack for 35,900.

There may not be many kodiak brown exes near you on the lot, but they can make more in chicago!

On top of the things I've already said in this thread, here is my opinion... If you're happy with your new vehicle purchase, then just be happy. I've bought quite a number of cars over the years; and I find that when you dwell on the woulda coulda shoulda of the deal, you can't ever really enjoy your new vehicle. Just put the minivan and the price out of your mind and spend your time thinking about your new car.

If you hunt on the internet long enough, there is no shortage of people who will tell you how much better a deal they got than you. If you focus on that, you'll never be happy unless someone gives you a car for free. :D

You already bought the car... So from one newbie to another, congrats! :thumbsup:

It
The above quote got screwed up... Stupid iPad!

Just something to think about.. put your van up for sale now as I'm sure you can get a couple grand more if you sell it privately. Worse case, get a rental car if it sells for the time in between. That way you get what you owe instead of rolling $1,500 into the loan.

Even if you pay $1,000 for a rental if it sells quick, you are still ahead of the game by well over $1,000.

It

Just something to think about.. put your van up for sale now as I'm sure you can get a couple grand more if you sell it privately. Worse case, get a rental car if it sells for the time in between. That way you get what you owe instead of rolling $1,500 into the loan.

Even if you pay $1,000 for a rental if it sells quick, you are still ahead of the game by well over $1,000.

Depending on where you live, you have to factor in the sales tax hit you will get if you sell it rather than trade it in. For example, here in PA (outside of Philly), the sales tax is 6% and you only pay tax on the difference between the selling price and the trade in allowance. So not trading in a $14.5k vehicle means that you're losing nearly another grand in additional sales tax. YMMV in your state.

Depending on where you live, you have to factor in the sales tax hit you will get if you sell it rather than trade it in. For example, here in PA (outside of Philly), the sales tax is 6% and you only pay tax on the difference between the selling price and the trade in allowance. So not trading in a $14.5k vehicle means that you're losing nearly another grand in additional sales tax. YMMV in your state.

Good point!! I never think of that because New Hampshire doesn't have sales tax.

If only we didn't have it in PA. At least I don't live in Philadelphia... they add their own extra 2% as well. There isn't any sales tax in Delaware. A lot of people head down there for high dollar items, but of course that doesn't work for vehicles since they need to be registered in your home state.

Mass sales tax is 6.25% and only on the difference btwn the sales price and the trade value. I thought about selling my van on my own but it's resale value is crappy, hence the huge depreciation with what we owe on our interest free loan. I won't be rolling in the extra $1000 into the loan, that'll get paid along with my taxes and fees at signing. We'll also be putting a couple extra grand down too.

I'm thrilled with my purchase! I've been eyeing these for 2 years and almost signed on a '12 in Feb but then found your forum and discovered the XLT was coming with the bucket option for the '13s which is really what I wanted. I don't like the body color grill on the Limited. So I watched the threads on here and waited it out. They would've given me more on my trade today had I taken something off the lot but I didn't want black again (although it's quite nice) and I didn't like the red. They had a green gem coming in about 4 weeks, but it was a bench so I figured I'd be better off ordering exactly what I want.

Thanks all!

I paid -$50 under invoice using my Costco membership. I also got them to throw in the roof cross bars and the mud guards.

Mass. Sales Tax

I believe Mass. sales tax applies to the purchase price prior to any trade-in. In other words, you don't get any sales tax back for your trade-in..... the joys of living in Mass.

Back