• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear Duratrac 245/75/16

SoC1-Bar

Reaction score
City, State
Keefton, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT 4wd
This is what I'm thinking on upgrading to when I get tires in the spring, they're commercial traction which really the only thing I see different is that they're a bit narrower and have a slightly higher load rating. Currently running 235/70/16s so I'm thinking that it'll be a slight bump in height but not over much on width. What I'm more interested in is if anyone on here has run these and what your thoughts were on them? Last 2 sets of tires I've run on the F are Geolander AT/S 255/65 and 255/75 (75s were cheaper this last time, dunno why, and they look meaner too) and I love them. Haven't run Goodyears since I had my 97 grand am and I never had a problem with them, but it's been about 9 years since I bought some.

Thanks!

Chris

My bud hasthem on his 2011 xterra...look great but cost him 199 ea vs my 109 for Treadwrights...
We off road together and they're very comparable...
My Treadwrights are c ply...(6) and d is 8 e is 10 meaning a rougher ride due to a much stiffer tire...

I must admit I'm kinda leery on retreads. I understand they have standards, it's just the thought of transporting my fam on them. I didn't mention but it is our daily transport, not just a toy. How are the retreads on longevity and ride on-road?

EDIT: K did some reading on their site and I must say I'm impressed. If the Mrs. don't go for it, I'll get a set when it's time to re-shoe the F.

Back