Goodyear MT/Rs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear MT/Rs

Hey! Is anyone running on Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs? I might get a set and I was wondering if anyone has any positive or negative feedback about these. Also, I plan on lifting mine about 6", think 35"s will fit without rubbing? If you do run on a set of MT/Rs, please tell me or give me a picture so I can see what they look like on an Explorer. Thanks

-Drew
djmdmb@hotmail.com

I have been extremely impressed with my MT/Rs on rocks and they have decent road manners and I'm getting good wear out of them too - about 35k miles so far and plenty of tread left. They have performed great on the rocks but are not a mud tire. That's okay with me, I hate mud anyway :) As far as snow/ice, during the icestorm last month I aired down to 20 lbs and towed an 18wheeler, I don't think you can ask for more traction than that on ice. Snow has been no problem to me either, they have done fine for me.

I do agree with the noise comments. When mine were new, they were as quiet or quieter than ATs, but as time has gone on, they've gotten louder as more tread wears off.

Back