Got my new BamaChip and I love it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my new BamaChip and I love it!

Exp4.0SOHC

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02' Explorer Sport
Hey guys,

Has anyone on here tried these guys yet? I got a flasher from them and its great! I got their 87 performance, 93 performance and something else he calls his 93 "BadBoy" program for my Exp. Sport. It definatly made a difference. It shifts firmer, and pulls all the way above 6,000 rpms! I wish I could speak for the 87 program but I love this "BB" program so much that once I tried it I haven't went to back the others, I did try the 93 and it was a great all around improvement as well.

I must say I was skeptical about the chips in general and after hearing about all the bad customer service from Apten I was really scared. I emailed this guy and here's a copy of his reply....

Hello John,

I feel your pain from Apten, I'm a Ranger owner myself and I hear the same thing on ALL of the Ranger boards latly. Since Brian went to SCT he sold Apten to Modular Mustangs and their main focus is on Mustangs, not Ranger's or Explorer's. This is where I come in, I've dealt with Brian for years now and really loved his products and customer service, when he left we spoke about it and I decided to buy into the SCT market and start my own business selling and programming custom chips/Micro tuners. With his support and my own personal experience with the 4.0 I've made alot of Ranger 4.0 owners and 3.0 owners alike very happy with my new round of tuning. I like to think of Brian as a teacher and not only has he taught me from his infinite knowledge of tuning but I too have learned a few new things to make my programming even better.

Also, the customer service. I pride myself on this and as I don't have a large advertising budget I depend on my products and customer service to make my name for me. I feel that if you offer a quality service and a competitive price then the word will get out about you.

I'm happy your satisfied with your Micro Tuner and ask that you put a review of my services and products on any forum you may visit. Please be truthful and complete, If I've done something that you don't like and we can't make it right then the world has the right to know.

Thank you,

Douglas Studdard.

It took about a week to get my tuner from the time I sent him the payment and its great. I see all the problems posted about Apten here so I thought I'd put this up here.

Here's a link to his site...

www.BamaChips.com :burnout:

Exp4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm liking the 4 program chip :D

I am very happy with my Apten and their service has been fantastic.

I was interested in the Apten products and have sent them an e-mail 3 weeks ago requesting some information on their chips. Have not received a response yet. Recently I've exchanged e-mails with BamaChips and I am seriously considering purchasing a microtuner from this company. The response time to e-mails and attentiveness from Doug Studdard is excellent. I've also read great reviews of his product on the Ford Ranger Forum.

Exp4.0SOHC if you do evaluate the 87 program in the very near future I would appreciate hearing your comments about this program. I realize that there are limitations as to what can be done at the 87 octane level, but considering the cost of gas today I am in no rush to switch to 91 (that's as high as you can go in my area). Similarly if you can elaborate some more on the 93 program it would be of great help. For my applications I would be looking to use the 87 program for day to day city driving and the 91/93 program for long trips.

I havent bought one yet, but i can tell you Doug is very well respected over on the ranger power sports forum. You might try researching more over there ( www.rangerpowersports.com ) I plan on getting a programmer from him when i get the money.

Hey guys,

It's me, It's been a while since I've been here but John sent me a link and I've decided to stop in. I don't wanna spam or do any unauthorized advertising so I won't say anything about what I can do or post my email, it's already up here I believe, but just wanted to let everyone know that its the same Doug904 from 4.0 Performance.com.

Later Doug904

Back