Got something stolen tonight | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got something stolen tonight

You'll never guess what someone stole tonight!!! My friggin doors! :fire:

Just kidding :D It was a complete PITA to get the passenger side door off. I pulled off the kicker panels on both sides, but on the passenger side, the computer was there. I tried for about 30 minutes to get the connectors off without having to take out the computer but that didn't happen. Turned out it only took me about 4 minutes to remove the computer and then disconnect the two connectors. I'm gonna probably buy some connectors tomorrow that I can mount on the outside of the body (or right inside the door panel) so they can come off much quicker. I will probably cut the flanges for my tube doors (making them so I can bolt them up like the stock door), then I just need to have my friend bend some tubing and figure out a latch for them. It's fun riding around with no doors....and I get more attention than I did before. :D

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 400

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know somebody that had 4 door panels stolen from an old early 80's Buick. Those cars were built like a boat! They cut the wires from the power door locks, and windows. I helped a friend of mine out installing new panels from a junk yard on that car. I was surprised when I heard about it.

Wow. Who the hell would steal door panels for a Buick? You know I was kidding about someone actually stealing the doors right? I just finished taking them off tonight.

BrooklynBay said:
I know somebody that had 4 door panels stolen from an old early 80's Buick. Those cars were built like a boat! They cut the wires from the power door locks, and windows. I helped a friend of mine out installing new panels from a junk yard on that car. I was surprised when I heard about it.

his doors didnt actually get stolen, he removed them for better offroad ability

Well, if you would have parked in the same place that the Buick was in, I'm sure that they would have saved you the work of taking off the doors! I've seen all kinds of stuff get stripped off cars here, like door panels, tires, computers, air bags, radiator grills, parking lights, tail lights, door, and trunk locks.

Well the name of this thread defintly got my attention. BTW if you part out them doors I need the inner door handle from drivers door ;) :p

Buy my tube doors! :)

pics? I'm planning on building some really similar to Ricks, so if they look like that I'll think about it. (shipping would suck tho).

JTX - What did you do for a latch? I always hear that you had a really cool latch on your doors, but haven't seen it. Let me know ASAP because someone locally has a set of CJ door latches (like hvac man's) and I'm gonna get it if I don't find something cheaper/easier/cooler.

I'm gonna get one of these soon: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/tj/055.html
Actually, probably two. I'm putting bucket seats in the rear and putting a console in the center of it. Both will be locking Tuffy consoles for a TJ with an 8" Kicker in each. :cool:

did someone steal you ability to take a decent picture too?

:D

I think so...for some reason, my camera doesn't take very good pictures at 1:00 in the morning in the pitch black dark. :D

funny thing someone stole my doors today too...... :p
it took like 20 minutes to get boh of mine off by my self with the aid of a jack.....and dam you get noticed alot with no doors.....

Ill go get you some pics, brb.

Looks pretty good man. I'm thinking about removing mine for chubfest next month...not going to be doing anything too hard but considering it will be hotter than hell may be nice :D

11ha1.jpg

24om3.jpg

30mz.jpg

41ub1.jpg

59jw.jpg

Im gonna be selling them soon. Not sure when, but if anyones intrested let me know. That latch design has worked flawless to this day.

I like that latch...very simple, yet effective!

It looks like you ground off part of the stock door striker right? Would it still work correctly/tightly with the stock doors and latch???

Yeah it will, i havent had mine on for a bit. But if i remember right they closed and held fine.

Hurry up and get your rig ready for Crozet..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=50
I'm ordering those YJ door latches Wednesday or Thursday probably. :cool:

Ben, please send $1500 to my paypal. That way I can buy the tools to do my own regear, an ARB, and the gears. Thanks and I'll see you at Crozet. :p

EDIT: While you're at it, send another 2k so that I can go 35 spline in the rear and get my hi-steer. Muchos gracias :D :confused:

Back