• Register Today It's free!

gps antenna mounting location

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
been trying to find where to mount my gps antenna on here none of the threads were to helpful....if anyone can help by taking a picture of the mounting location for a 2006 explorer that would be nice

thanks,
rusty813

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you post a pic of your antenna? That will help with mounting ideas. Obviously the best location is on the roof which has the clearest shot at the sky.

this is the antenna i have, its the one that suppose be mounted on the roof but right now is stored in my glove box. I was going to mount it on the roof but I dont have the factory specific for that, if I could that it would be nice but I would like the mounting location for inside the vehicle as well cause we cant get sirius in hawaii and rains alot where I live so i am worried it might start leaking later on as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Dual-G...&item=260936302622&pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr

For me this is a good place.

9271309swe.jpg

9271310cem.jpg

cool thanks am actually thinking the same location, i want to actually take off cover and drill a hole in it, but where is the factory location inside the vehicle as well

cool thanks am actually thinking the same location, i want to actually take off cover and drill a hole in it, but where is the factory location inside the vehicle as well

Factory location for the 2006 is actually inside the dash. My aftermarket one is under the trim on top of the middle part of the dashboard - The void shown in the picture above.

Back