• Register Today It's free!

gps

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
Is there any handheld gps unit that can be hooked up to a lcd screen for use inside a car? I have looked at other units that have the larger screens and they are a bit outta range as for as $$ is concerned.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been looking for one that does that to, I cant find any handheld unit that hooks up to a screen. ANyone else?

I am also looking for a device like this. I looked around for a while and had no luck. Let me know if yall find one.
Thanks
Danny

I think this is what you guys are looking for

Earthmate

And these guys here reviewed it:

Joe Mehaffey

Good luck!

So how do I get this thing to hook up to a screen? All I see is cables that go to laptops and palm pilots... Did I just miss something?

DOH! I immediately thought that LCD screen = laptop screen! LOL, sorry about that, I had a brain fart there!

HAHA, no prob, looks like i just might have to get me a laptop now!!! :D :D :D

Well, instead of buying a laptop you could get a palm pilot and a gps reciever. It would save you quite a bit of money.
Danny

I have the Garmin GPS III Plus, which you can easily hook up to map software on your laptop and watch on there. But for LCD screen, its got one on the unit but probably not what you are looking for...

Back