X-Box

Reaction score
City, State
Hollywood, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB V-8
Granatelli MAS HELP/INFO

Hey everyone,
Well I dynoed my X a few weeks back and it came up with about 165hp at the rear wheels(it's a 5.0). The only mod at the time was an intake kit from KKM. Not too bad. Not too inpressive either. Anyway I just installed a Superchip and a cat back exhaust from Gibson and I'm gonna dyno it again Friday.

My questions are : Anyone know anything about the Granatelli high flow mass air flow sensor? Will it give me any more power?
Truckperformanceonline is selling them for $314 + S/H. They claim a 10-15 hp gain as well as up to 20ft/lb of torque. That's not a terrible deal if it's true. Gibson claimed about the same for around $50 less. I just took my truck for a spin with the chip/exhaust combo and I definately felt a difference.
Also, what about a MSD ignition amplifier or similar system? Are they worth the dough? Will they fit a 99'
V-8 ?
And finally. My X has 100K and it looks as though the plug wires are original. Taylor has a set for $91. Anyone use them or recommend another brand?

Thanks for the info. Dom

I just had the Taylor plug wires installed and they work fine. Truckperformance.com has them for $47.00. About the MAS, you might look at the Proflow MAS, you can order them directly from pro-flow.com. They are less expensive than the Granatelli, about $238 for a chrome version, versus $315 for the Granatelli.

Your stock Ford ignition is a good one; you need not try to improbr it.

I like Jacobs and Magnacore wires.

Good luck.....

the stock system is good.... but if you have other mods than it may be a little weak.... if you want to upgrade it...do..... if not than dont bother with it.... personally i would upgrade to the jacobs igniton system (recommended by a lot of drag racers that know American muscle)....... on another note, msd is good too... my friend that i pit crew for runs mid 8s and uses msd ignition and like 11mm magnecor wires

Back