Great news for all those that love Truckhaven Hills - please read | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Great news for all those that love Truckhaven Hills - please read

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
Big Rich said:
Tierra Del Sol, W E Rock, and Ocotillo Wells SVRA are teaming together to build a permanent obstacle course in the Truckhaven Hills of north Ocotillo Wells. This world class course will be available for all to use, free of charge. We are looking for donations of any of the following materials. All donations are tax deductable.
We are shooting for the Grand Opening to be the 1st weekend in March which just happens to be the TDS Desert Safari

20 Tractor tires (the bigger, the better)
30 misc. sized concrete tubes
40 Logs at 10'-15' each, diameter at least 14 inches (bigger the better)
300' steel cable at 3/8 to 7/16 dia.
25 Concrete retaining wall blocks (size 24"x24"x36")
40 + Boulders 3'-4' minimum diameter
60 yds of fractured rock or large river cobbles 12" +
400 cubic yards concrete
100 rebar 3/8"x20'
chain-link

Please contact:
Rich Klein - bigrich@werocklive.com - 530.417.5333
Bo Neece - rnbneece@cox.net - 619.596.6186
Bill Kassler - billk263@cox.net - 619.240.1000
Kathy Dolinar - kdolinar@parks.ca.gov - 760.767.4953

PS. Think of this as Hollister on steroids

Link to Pirate thread:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918039

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I am always glad to see some positive news for the area..:biggthump

...I don't have any of those items to donate but, I know we all have donated various vehicle parts in one way or the other to them trails..:D

Sounds like it will be on the south side of S-22, which is probably a good thing.

I see even more damaged sheet metal in my future. Especially if they leave the cone spots marked so I can try some of the same lines that they do in the comps.

I just hope we don't see the day when that's all there is of Truck Haven:(

Honestly I don't see the need, considering the whole place is a fantastic playground. If you're into rock crawling there are other places to wheel.

Considering Rich Klein (Big Rich) is the CEO of W.E.Rock, it may bring a W.E.Rock competition or two to the So-Cal area.

On one hand, if they are going to build this to attract more people, i see this as a positive sign that the surrounding land won't be closed off anytime soon. But on the other hand, i hope this wont cause the treehuggers to say "offroaders have a designated playground now, why do they still need to destroy natural land?"

Back