grey red wire 94

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
im trying to check wiring for cross talk before putting in top harness /top end

I had more than a few bad injectors looking at the bottom harness that leads to the engine fuse box there is a black and a grey bulk connector that connects to the top harness half .....no cross talk that i can gather from pins but I have the red/grey striped wire showing a buzz or continuity to the rest of the engine block! also with the orange wire and red ltblu wire ..... is it supposed to do that ?? the o2 sensors are not connected the entire top harness is out

if I connect the negative battery terminal to the positive battery lead there is no continuity only the engine block and various close ferrous parts

ive modified the pic

lattest test was to disconnected the pcm harness (nice 10mm din there passenger foot jamm area) and put the vehicle in reverse to take it out of park still with continuity from the red grey to orange and red lt blu and the engine block no battery in truck

Attachments

• mycrappoinjectorforumsexerpt.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 226

skeem

View attachment 172025

EXPmod94circuit.jpg

Attachments

• mycrappoinjectorforumsexerpt.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 137

grey with red tracer is the sensor signal return, it is also a ground for many sensors = yes it is supposed to show continuity to ground

thanks chief color codes are interesting at times …. thinking had a bad sensor or crimped shorted wire

didn't see the culprit / sensor on the schematic .... schematic uses bracket { } like the parking neutral switch

there is that lovely schematic :) have the verbal list or definitions of the color codes??
..more clues to the use

I want to invision a single wire sensor to grounding out oxide oil or something

…. trying to get ready to put second head gasket set on after a mishap so I want to get everything right most of my injectors bit the dust my experience is usually both sides of the junction go at the same time don't put new equipment into mire without checking …. looking for impedance range for sensors injectors also ….like the pcm knows how to adjust to an aftermarket

Back