Grill/Brush Guards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill/Brush Guards

Chainblade

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
none
Yes, I've done a search and I guess JC Whitney is the only place that really sells them now (besides used here or ebay...if lucky). Does anyone with a 91-94 Explorer actually have the grill and/or brush guard from JC Whitney on their truck? if so, can you post pics? I think that will help me decide if I want it or not. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know you asked in the other thread, but yes I have the JC Whitney one. Been happy with it. I recently had a minor fender bender at 2-3mph & bumped the rear of an Accord. The push bar actually caused the cars trunk lid to dent. I had a little scuff mark on the guard.
It's strong enough for me. I know frame mount ones are the best & strongest, but if your going more for looks, it fits the bill. Had mine in the FL sun for 2.5 years now & it still looks new.

I know you asked in the other thread, but yes I have the JC Whitney one. Been happy with it. I recently had a minor fender bender at 2-3mph & bumped the rear of an Accord. The push bar actually caused the cars trunk lid to dent. I had a little scuff mark on the guard.
It's strong enough for me. I know frame mount ones are the best & strongest, but if your going more for looks, it fits the bill. Had mine in the FL sun for 2.5 years now & it still looks new.

oh so you do have this one: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0393768/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:10000032139210393768

it looks really nice. Was it hard to install?

Where did you get the push bar from. I want one:thumbsup:
my uncle got me that 4 my birthday after I got the truck he still wont tell me where he got it but it is useful to push ambulances

Chainblade, I've got the JC Whitney one on mine.
Actually, I've had it on both of my Explorers - just changed it over this weekend. :)

Of course, I had to assemble it when it first arrived. Nothing too hard.
The center section was in pieces - the plates and the bars were seperate.
But the light guards are ready to go - just three bolts hold each one to the center section.

To mount it, it goes to the two bolts you see in the front of the bumper.
Then you have to drill two holes along the same line on the top part of the bumper - above the moulding piece.
One word of advice here: Try to get the holes you drill as far back as possible. One of mine is too close the the front and the bolt hits part of a bracket behind the bumper - makes the bolt sit a little crooked.

I'll get you some pictures tomorrow if you like.
Just let me know anything special you'd like to see.
I'm planning on cleaning it again tomorrow sometime - if it stops raining.
(Going out of town Thursday.)

Yeah same as glooms. Although I did not drill the holes for the 2 other bolts. I really don't see a need. It's very secure with the 2 bumper bolts. If you rip the guard off you going to rip the bumper off with it.

im kinda curious about pics of the mounting too.

Back