Grill Question (?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill Question (?)

My current grill is all Red. I would like to put in a chrome grill but I would like to have the entire thing chrome. When I have looked up Grills I come with billet grills. This is ok but I need to keep my current grill, which is Red. So inorder to get the entire thing chrome, I need to order a new chrome grill, cut out the stock bars, and put in a chrome billet grill? Is this correct? Or is there a way to get them to already come in one piece?

I want it to look like this Ex. :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...wItem?hash=item230259553599&#ebayphotohosting

i would just paint the red crossbars u have black or gray cause cutting them makes it a lil bit less sterdy in there but still okay. Like with mine the crossbars are grey and i didnt need to cut them out or paint them. The billet grill just sets over it.
2197326_175_full.jpg

i would just paint the red crossbars u have black or gray cause cutting them makes it a lil bit less sterdy in there but still okay. Like with mine the crossbars are grey and i didnt need to cut them out or paint them. The billet grill just sets over it.
2197326_175_full.jpg

How did you get the bar going around the outside chrome? Did you already have a chrome grill stock? I mean the lines that make up the big circle going around the crossbars and headlights.

Yes- they are chrome stock. Well, plastic then stick on chrome stock, there is hardly any real chrome anymore. You can get a grille and the ends for about $90 shipped on eBay with a black center so it will hide nicely behind the billet grille insert.

Truck looks nice nascar- I like it!

Back