GT 40P Headers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GT 40P Headers

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was talking to a local mustang shop owner whos been working on 5.0s for over 20 years, and I brought up something about him making custom headers for me. He looked around under my engine and he said all you need is a set of GT 40P headers and put sensor bosses on them. Would this work or is it because of clearance issues ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IT WILL NOT WORK. The currently available GT40P headers are for a mustang engine bay. The collectors hit the upper A-Arm bosses. Check out my www for some pictures (page 6 I think) there is no room for mustang headers. I will try to add some pictures of stock mustang headers on my frame in the next few days.

What are the closest headers to start a make your own set of headers? Screw it! I'm going to make my own. I can't wait for a company to this any longer.

What about long tubes?

Z~

nothing will fit, period. they will have to be home-made. with that said, click here . get these, some 1 5/8 tubing and a bender, and git after it. :)

Click on "Home Page" below and see my start on page 6. I should be done by Friday. I am using $89 Flowtech mustang headers as my base - 2 sets. I also bought a set of slip fit collectors. Once I get it right, I will have estimated for custom re-production.

Originally posted by tmsoko
Click on "Home Page" below and see my start on page 6. I should be done by Friday. I am using $89 Flowtech mustang headers as my base - 2 sets. I also bought a set of slip fit collectors. Once I get it right, I will have estimated for custom re-production.

Hey,, now your talking. Looks like the drivers side is the one thats a pain in the butt.

Does flowtech make just one set of headers for the 5.0 mustang? If not could you give the part# to me. Also are you saying that you bought 2 sets to dice up? I think thats what your saying. Yeah I think that would be the ticket. I take it that those headers don't have the bungs for the EGR or 02 sensors? If not no biggie they can be welded in. I want to try and fool the smog police by keeping the look smog legal because I'm in California.

I haven't really looked at a way to get them routed down looks like you have a pretty solid start. Especially with that frame setting in your garage...lol

BTW: Since I see your doing this for a Ranger does the Explorer have the same routing? Just curoius, I'm not to familiar with the Ranger. I know it has to be close though with everyone doing 5.0 swaps in them.

Thanks, please post pics when your done. I am definately going to tackle this within the next couple of months.

Z~

WOn't let me delete this it was a double post

Back