Gurgling sound around intake box and reservoir | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gurgling sound around intake box and reservoir

ucln05

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
I have a 2001 ford explorer sport and it has a gurgling sound around intake box and radiator reservoir that lasts about a second and happends every 10 to 15 seconds dont know what it is. Also my wheels vibrates bad when im braking and has minor vibration going at a speed at about 60 mph im already changing the rotors i hope thats the issue . Dont know exactly how to post or if im sopposed to look for answers before doing so thanks for any help

(Not addressing the gurgling sound)... but persistent wheel shaking at speed >could< be untrued rotors, but I'd check the power steering fluid first. Sometimes when changing rotors the wheels can turn when the car is not running - that introduces air into the system that manifests itself with wheel vibrations felt through the steering. Make sure the reservoir is topped (at the appropriate level) with PS fluid and then go to a parking lot and do a couple of full deflection steering lock-to-lock figure 8's. Usually clears the problem.

Open the cover to the coolant reservoir. When you hear the gurgling, see if you see bubbles in the reservoir. If this is what you see you most likely have a leaking head gasket that is allowing exhaust gases to leak into the cooling system. When the pressure gets high enough (over 16 PSI) the air is expelled into the coolant reservoir.

Vibration when braking is usually due to warped front rotors.

Vibration while driving at around 60 MPH is usually tire/tire balance related, but could also be worn driveshaft u-joints. It's most likely tire related.

Violent shaking when turning is caused by air in the P/S system.

Back