Hard To Push Pedal

allmine!

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited
Hello all,

Within the past couple of days, I have noticed that when the explorer is put into reverse it takes a hard push of the pedal to get it to move. I then noticed that the pedal is also hard to push when I am in drive and have just gotten out of reverse. Take this morning for instance, the explorer was driven somewhere, stopped and shut off for a minute then started back up, in order to get it to move forward I had to push hard on the pedal, when I did that it lurched forward. What could be the cause of this? It's a 1996 with automatic transmission, 88,000+ miles on it, and no mods. Thanx in advance!

hinton:confused:

Bad E-brake? Or just any stuck brake?

yah my 93 manual trans does that too. In mine, its only when I'm pushing it hard in 4th up a hill or something. When i go to shift into 5th, the gas pedal sticks and I have to stomp into it with m foot to get it out of the idle position. The guys on this site just told me to lube the throttle body and where the throttle cable goes into the tb. I haven't gotten around to it, but eventually i will

Back