blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
Hi, I'm looking for the bolts and clips for these factory steps.

I'm in the UK. These were never available and I don't have access to hardware stores like you do in the states.

Money waiting. Any help would be great. Thanks

Si
FB_IMG_1650388336456.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are known as "extruded u-nuts" and may be easier to find at larger hardware suppliers such as McMaster-Carr or similar in the U.K.

Search here for an OEM part number that is likely discontinued, but you can Google.

Those captured nuts should be readily available, but for OEM running board trucks there should also be threads built into the body that match those bolt threads. There are three of those bolts used for each bracket, two going into the captured nuts, and one into the built in threaded insert. The captured nuts simply push onto the bottom edge of the body, rocker edge, where there should be large holes that line them up to mate with that 3rd threaded insert.

Projectthread105.JPG

I just need to work out what size the bolts I have are, and what size those captive nuts are.
I really appreciate the help

Thanks

Si

The bolts look like the same size as the seat bolts, which are a common metric size. Don't let the pointed tip disturb you, those are like a self tapping bolt, but they don't have to be, and they are very strong OEM bolts.

I got some factory stuff sent, however...I've encountered another issue... my export spec flares are in the way

Si

Back