• Register Today It's free!

Harrasement by the old !!!!!

charlieboy

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester United Kingdom
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4ltr XLT
Picture this scene..... its a cold and frosty evening and im sat in my explorer with the engine running as its freezing outside waiting for my better half to come out of work, when suddenly i hear a loud horn blast next to me i glance that way to see the old woman in the car next to me flapping her arms around and wanting my attention so naturally i open the window :rolleyes:
What a bad move i was hit with `turn your engine off` to which i replied why?
she kindly said `its people like you with your big cars causing all the polution in the world` :eek: :eek: while she is saying this her dog is going nuts !!! so i just wished her a merry christmas and shut the window, and what car is she using a nice citreon van mmmmmmm
anyway reasoon for this thread is this has anyone been harrased or been threatened with burning at the stake as a fellow explorer user ?????:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do get people (usually old people for some reason?) shaking their heads and fists at me as a drive round here. I dont stop and ask them what their beef is but i imagine it would be something to do with me murdering the planet! The irony is, most of these old codgers probably drive around in Jaguars anyway!

Yeah that is soooo true or a 17yr old nova that smokes like it was going out of fashion lol
Ah tis the season to be jolly and all that so reckon just laugh at them when its snowing and we sail past in four wheel heaven

Not had any problems thus far - but then the alternative is using little Maud:

at_beltring.jpg

Compared to her an Explorer is as good as gold :eek: :eek:

Neil that looks amazing - give us the spec then!

Hi (newbie here) I've a 97 Explorer and a 99 Audi 80 convertible. My tree hugging neighbour across the road changes their cars every year for Citroen thingies - said I was irresponsible for owning two cars (wife has something else) and for having a big 4x4. I pointed out that building new cars is quite environmentally unsound and I was just taking re-cycling to it's natrual conclusion.

Not a happy neighbour.

Didn't stop them asking if I could take their Christmas tree to the dump in it though....

Explorer - great car, great fun only had it for a month or so, and still finding my way around it. It needs a service or is it just slower than a Grand Jeep 4.0L?

Welcome Barry,

My x is used as a workhorse. If I had something else then many times I would have to make multiple trips to deliver my goods. I'm getting 18.8 MPG which I feel is impressive for a vehicle of this size. I can beat any j**p off the line and make them eat my dust. I'm fed up with the do-gooders who seem to thing we should all drive smart cars. I'd like to see a smart car with 30 computers in the back and all the tools going to a site. These people should be having a go at all the big mercs and bmw's which do far less mpg.

Greetings peeps - leighton buzzard UK

Hello peop[le, thought I would just drop a line to say hello to all the fellow UK explorer owners :thumbsup:

I must say big shout to Howard - :salute: he has managed to help me get a sticky could have been expensive repair, thanks to the old trusty haynes manual.

CHeers
Paul

Hi Howard (and all etc...) totally agree - no one in their right mind would have one of these toys unless they either a) liked 'em or b) needed 'em. Big Mercs. BMWs, Jaguars are terrific drives but deserve the attention of the tree huggers as much - or (in reality) as little.

When the oldies have a moan, I smile, touch my forehead and let them get on with it. They have earned the right to complain - I don't have to listen :)

I use my Ex as a daily driver now, I love it, wouldn't swap it for the world... Might even get another one in the future and have two.... funds permitting... Anyway, I've not had any grief as yet, just a few embarrassed faces as I've left them standing at the lights... Excellent!

Si

Our Ex is in fact my wifes Ex, and she just loves it.... Wouldn't swap it for anything. She gets some "admiring" glances from the mothers union when she picks up our lad in it from school. Still while they dream, we drive :D :D :D

Keith

Back